Dr. Madhusudan Patodia is a Urologist and kidney transplant surgeon in Jeevan Rekha Superspeciality Hospital, Jaipur, and ex. consultant Urologist in Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Jaipur. He joined Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner for MBBS (from 2001 to 2007). He pursued further studies & training in MS general surgery at Government Medical College, Patiala (from 2009-2012). He was the university topper in his MS final exam. He completed his MCh in Urology at King George’s Medical College, Lucknow (from 2013-2016) with the prestigious Prof. T C Goel Gold Medal.
He has vast experience with endo-urological surgeries for stones, prostate, strictures (URS, PCNL, TURP, TURBT, OIU), all kinds of arthroplasties for urethral strictures, female urology (stress incontinence surgeries, urinary fistula), pediatric urological surgeries (hypospadias, undescended testis, pyeloplasty, posterior urethral valve, vesicoureteric reflux) & urological cancer surgeries (Kidney, prostate, urinary bladder cancers). His special interests include laparoscopic urological surgeries (Nephrectomy, radical nephrectomy, adrenalectomy, pyeloplasty, ureteric reimplantation, and pediatric laparoscopic surgeries).
- Gold Medal in MCh (King George’s Medical University, Lucknow)
- Highest marks in MS (Government Medical College, Patiala, University - Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab)
- North Zone Travel Fellowship in renal transplant from SGPGI (Awarded by North Zone Urological Society of India in year 2015-16)
- CMC Ludhiana Best Poster Second Prize in NZUSICON 2014 Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Urology Quiz - First prize - KGMU in September 2015
- Are there any predictors of pyonephrosis in patients with renal calculus disease? Urolithiasis Nov 2016. DOI 10.1007/s00240-016-0933-2.
- Management of renal calyceal diverticular stones: A decade of experience. Urology annals 2017.
- Synchronous ipsilateral adrenocortical carcinoma and renal cell carcinoma: a rare clinical entity. BMJ Case Rep 2015. doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-213149
- Isolated renal echinococcosis: a rare disease. BMJ Case Rep 2015. doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-213267
- Prostate-inguinal fistula: An unusual site of voiding. Can Urol Assoc J 2015;9(11-12):E821-2.
- Bladder calculus leading to acute renal failure in a girl child: a rare cause. BMJ Case Rep 2017. doi:10.1136/bcr-2016-217250.
- Management of tubercular pyonephrosis: A single center experience from northern India. Int J Med Res Prof. 2016; 2(3); 151-54.
- Re: Improving Detection of Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer: Magnetic Resonance Imaging/Transrectal Ultrasound Fusion Guided Prostate Biopsy. Rastinehad AR, Turkbey B, Salami SS, Yaskiv O, George AK, Fakhoury M, Beecher K, Vira MA, Kavoussi LR, Siegel DN, Villani R and Ben-Levi E. J Urol 2014; 191: 1749e1754.
- Prospective randomized comparison of three endoscopic modalities used in the treatment of bladder stones. Urologia 2016 DOI: 10.5301/uro.5000171
- Early removal of urinary catheter after excision and primary anastomosis in anterior urethral stricture. Turk J Urol 2016; 42(2): X • DOI: 10.5152/tud.2016.48921
- Do outcomes of percutaneous nephrolithotomy in horseshoe kidneys in children differ from adults? A single center experience. J Endourol. 2016 Jan 20.
- Vesicocutaneous fistula originating from the bladder diverticulum as an unusual delayed complication after open prostatectomy. Int J Med Res Prof. 2015;1(3); 40-42.
- Cystitis glandularis as a cause of bladder perforation: a case report with review of literature. Int J Med Res Prof. 2015;1(3); 58-60.
- Isolated bilateral renal mucormycosis managed with preservation of one kidney. Int J Med Res Prof.2015;1(3); 61-63.
- Colonic tuberculosis masquerading as colon cancer. JSCR 2012. 5:10
- Role of Antibiotic Prophylaxis in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: A Randomized Prospective Study. JIMSA October-December 2013 Vol. 26 No. 4
- Primary Adenocarcinoma of Ileum presenting as Perforation: A Review of Literature. JIMSA October-December 2013 Vol. 26 No 4.
- A randomized, placebo controlled study evaluating preventive role of ondansetron, dexamethasone and ondansetron plus dexamethasone for postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV) in patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy. JIMSA October-December 2013 Vol. 26 No. 4.
- Volvulus of Transverse Colon along with Malplaced Duodenojejunal Junction: A Case Report. JIMSA January-March 2014 Vol. 27 No. 1.
USICON 2015 at Ranchi
- Retroperitoneoscopic simple nephrectomy for benign renal disease: A single centre experience.
- Risk factors predicting renal failure in benign prostatic hyperplasia.
USICON 2016 at Hyderabad
- Predictors of pyonephrosis in patients of renal calculus
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) as a tumor marker for urinary bladder carcinoma
NZUSICON 2014 at Jodhpur –
- Germ cell tumors and OCT3/4 as a diagnostic adjunct.
NZUSICON 2015 at Srinagar
- Management of broken infant feeding tube inside the ureter: lessons learnt.
- Migrated double J stent in mediastinum.
UAUCON 2015 at SGPGI, Lucknow
- Factors associated with requirement of blood transfusion during PCNL.
Participation in USI Activities
Membership of Professional Bodies
- American Urological Association (AUA ID 00872171)
- Societe Internationale d’Urologie (Membership No. 13189)
- Urological society of India (Membership No: P307)
- North Zone chapter of USI (Membership No: NZ M 50 A)
- Urological Association of Uttarpradesh (Membership No: 082)
- Society of endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeons of India (Membership No: 1608)
- Jaipur Urology Society
Key Procedures Performed:
- Performed Prostate surgery (TURP) in a 98 years old diabetic, hypertensive, post-PTCA patient
- Performed Laparoscopic pyeloplasty in a six years old child.
- Performed RIRS in a 15 mm inferior caliceal stone
- Performed retrieval of kidney from donar for kidney transplant laparoscopically with multiple vessels
- Performed PCNL for large/staghorn kidney stone by single puncture in a 3 years old child
- Performed BMG urethroplasty for pan anterior urethral stricture in single stage in a diabetic, CKD and hypertensive patient