Neurosurgery is a branch of medicine that involves surgical treatment of the nervous system, head, or spine. The nervous system tracts are the brain, spinal cord, or the network of nerves throughout the body. Neurological problems are defined as diseases that disturb the brain or autonomic and central nervous system. Therefore, it is necessary to find out what type of Neurological disorder you are suffering from and accordingly visit, a specialist before it became too severe.
A neurologist is an expert who curbs brain and nervous system disorders. Moreover, they also cure other complications like learning disabilities, and neurodevelopmental disorders, along with central nervous system-related treatment.
Apart from this, Neurosurgeons also treat other conditions of the neck, brain, spine, head, and nerves these include-
- Head, neck, and spine injuries
- Congenital disabilities involving the spine, brain, or nervous system
- Strokes and aneurysms that involve bleeding in the brain
- Spinal conditions affecting the spinal cord
- Multiple sclerosis
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Cancers affect the nerves, brain, and spine
- Some types of chronic pain that develop from neurological conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis
Signs/ Symptoms of Neurological Problems
Some of the very common symptoms of Neurological Problems include:
- Loss of feeling or tingling.
- Headache that changes or is distinct
- Muscle rigidity.
- Memory Loss.
- Weakness or Loss of muscle strength.
- Lack of coordination.
- Loss of sight or double vision.
Types of Neurosurgeries
Neurologists perform a wide variety of procedures for the brain, spine, and nervous system. These include
- Vascular surgeries involving blood vessels in the brain, such as aneurysm treatment
- Spinal surgeries
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Skull base surgery
- Pediatric neurosurgeries
- Oncological neurosurgery, which treats cancer in the neurological system
- Stereotactic neurosurgery, functional neurosurgery, and epilepsy surgeries involve operations on the brain tissue
Types of Neurology Diseases
Various types of neurology diseases occur due to injuries, faulty genes, malnutrition, or infection. The different types of neurological diseases are-
- Problems at the developmental stages of the nervous system such as spina bifida.
- Genetic diseases such as muscular dystrophy and Huntington’s disease.
- Pinched nerves
- Tremors or uncontrolled movements
- Problems with the blood supply to the brain cause cerebrovascular diseases such as a stroke
- Sleep disorders
- Spinal cord disorders
- Speech and learning disorders
- Memory loss and dementia
- Headache disorders such as migraines
- Degenerative or demyelinating diseases
Why Jeevan Rekha Hospital is known as the best Neurology Hospital in Jaipur?
There are various causes of neurological disorders. They occur due to injuries, infection, malnutrition, and faulty genes. A specialist at Jeevan Rekha Hospital known as the best Neurology Hospital in Jaipur treats all types of Neurological complications. They skillfully handle all the complicated problems linked with the nervous system by using the latest technologies and techniques and providing a friendly environment to all patients.
The procedure performed by our specialists include-
- Gamma Knife: surgery to treat certain brain tumors
- Cerebral angiography: a type of x-ray using dye to explore how blood flows through brain arteries
- Treatment for epilepsy: lobectomy, deep brain stimulation, and vagus nerve stimulation
- Nervous system biopsy to check for cancer and other diseases
- Vascular surgery: brain aneurysm repair and carotid artery surgery
- Back and neck surgery: spinal fusion, vertebroplasty, lumbar fusion, laminectomy, laminoplasty, discectomy, and laminotomy
- Lumbar puncture: can locate infections and diagnose other conditions such as hydrocephalus, spinal cord tumor, and multiple sclerosis
- Surgery to treat pain: carpal tunnel release, deep brain stimulation, and spinal cord stimulation